Rally Championship 2000 Official FanForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018)

2 posters

Go down

What do you think about the idea, overall?

MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_lcap88%MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_rcap 88% 
[ 7 ]
MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_lcap0%MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_lcap12%MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]
MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_lcap0%MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8
Back

MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Empty MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018)

Post by Guest 14/8/2018, 18:00

Hello, dear community!

Most of you (our Discord members) know that I came up with an idea of holding an A8 Championship, you seem to like it... so I will fully elaborate my vision of the Championship here. I will kinda repeat what I said on Discord, but, of course, a bit more detailed. Smile (for those who eventually aren't on Discord)

-----

CHAMPIONSHIP POLICY

Trust is a big matter here. The goal is to have fun, do I even have to say: "No cheating, please."?
What's wrong if you can't be 1st, or 2nd? We will try to simulate real championship, and if there are for example 7 players... someone has to be 1st, someone has to be 2nd, someone has to be 5th and someone has to be the last.
If you retire, or fail at the service area... don't retry the stage. What's the point in that? Are those who finish the rally going to win thousands of € or trophies or anything like that? No.

Nobody should ever call anyone a noob or sucker or anything like that (just because person A is always & much faster than person B), if you ask me, in case that happens, such people should be disqualified from the whole championship, right away.

If you have any other ideas (about any kind of cheating during the championship), you can freely stop reading here and close this browser tab, for the sake of us who would like to drive/play in a fair-play atmosphere. Wink

-----

1. A8 Championship

Yes, it would be strictly A8 Championship. We all know that car's damage in class A8 isn't restored to 0 upon finishing each rally - and this is why we are going for this option. It is absolutely more challenging (comparing to A5-A7 classes), as it would require additional caution and care for our cars, and should, at least partially, prevent wild driving. (this will be explained a couple of lines below)

2. Season schedule

I am fully aware that most/all of us have various real life duties, what means... we don't have a lot of free time. Also, to make the thing more realistic, we shouldn't end our championship in 3 days, or so, right? Smile
The idea is to drive stages between service areas per day. It would take 15-20 minutes daily. This would be the schedule:

Day 1: Clocaenog Mid + Penmachno South
Day 2: Myherin + Hafren
Day 3: Dyfi + Gartheiniog

Day 4: Chirdonhead
Day 5: Falstone
Day 6: Kershope
Day 7: Pundershaw
Day 8: Riccarton + Newcastleton

Day 9: Twiglees + Yair + Cardrona
Day 10: Black Loch + Glentrool
Day 11: Ae

Day 12: Moon and Star + Bothwell + Whitchester
Day 13: Eccles + Langton + Fogo

Day 14: Hamilton's Folly + Tyrones Ditches
Day 15: Feeney + Parkanaur
Day 16: Lisnamuck + Tardree

Day 17: Port Soderick + Ballagyr + Curraghs
Day 18: Tholt-y-Will + Injerbreck + Cringle

Important: In case real life duties prevent you from driving daily stages, you can drive them a day before or after (preferably before).
But please, since we allow this, don't abuse it. I guess we can all find like... less than 30 mins per day for this event, but if you really can't drive on the certain day, if it's really inevitable: tell that some time before to the Championship Manager (SpartaX18) with, of course, a reason why you can't participate on that day.

3. Ranking

Based on our results, we will have rankings, after each rally and overall. Ranking/points system would give points to everyone, number of players would be the maximum amount of points awarded for the rally winner, example:

There are 7 players in the rally. Points awarded after each rally would be as the following:

1st: 7 points
2nd: 6 points
3rd: 5 points
4th: 4 points
5th: 3 points
6th: 2 points
7th: 1 point

*In case a player retires from the rally, he wins 0 points.

IMPORTANT: THIS TOPIC IS STILL OPENED FOR DISCUSSION, bonus points will be eventually added! Of course, you all will be up-to-dated with any changes on this matter.

4. Stage/rally times, how am I going to know other players' times?

Preferably, you could record in real time and upload it to YouTube.
If you can't... SAVE EVERY REPLAY!
Also, take 2 screenshots after each stage: 1 screenshot to show individual stage time, and another screenshot for overall rally time.

For example, Vauxhall Rally of Wales:
You will take 1 screenshot for your result at Clocaenog Mid, and another screenshot for the overall rally time (even though the times at those 2 screenshots will be the same, but of course, will be the same only after stage 1).
Then you will drive Penmachno South, you'll take 1 screenshot of your result on that stage, and right after that another screenshot of your overall rally time. (Clocaenog Mid + Penmachno South, which is generated automatically by the game itself)
And so on, during the whole Championship.

5. Fair driving

To start off, keep one thing in mind: We are NOT driving time trial / record hunting! In case you don't record - nobody will be able to see you driving, but please, keep driving clean, as much as you can!
Important: As said before, you will have to save every replay! CM may eventually ask you for it, just as a random driving check. Wink
I am not saying that you shouldn't leave a road for a single millimeter, of course something can be tolerated, but... don't do obvious corner cuts. Cuts which will give you a sh*tload of seconds comparing to a player who drove through the corner fairly.
Also keep in mind: more aggressive driving - more damage to your car, and there is no damage restoration after each rally in A8 class. Wink

6. Cars and setup

You are free to pick any A8 car you like.
You are free to pick between manual, semi-automatic and automatic gear transmission.

Of course, you will have to say what have you picked above. Smile

In case you don't have A8 Championship unlocked, set Player 4's name to 'world class' prior starting the championship.

_____

So, this is how I see it going. Smile

Feel FREE to comment and post ANY kind of feedback, your proposals, eventual changes of my ideas, anything anything anything. If you wish to participate in the Championship, your voice matters too, and I/we can't know what do you think / what do you like or not, what would you like to change or anything, if you remain silent. Very Happy

If everything works out as expected - the rally starts on Sep 3, 2018!

Greetings,
Linotrix

P.S. Regardless of the poll, make sure to write anything, as I insist all this time. Razz

List of people who agree with the propositions & are willing to participate:

1) Diatosta - Seat Cordoba WRC
2) Erwto - Subaru Impreza WRC
3) KomuH - Peugeot 206 WRC
4) SpartaRemixerPL - Subaru Impreza WRC
5) Twajlot - Subaru Impreza WRC
6) Linotrix - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V

Last edited by Linotrix on 31/8/2018, 12:00; edited 14 times in total

Back to top Go down

MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Empty Re: MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018)

Post by Diatosta 14/8/2018, 18:26

I really like this idea, and I'm all in for it! Very Happy
Diatosta
Diatosta

Back to top Go down

MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018) Empty Re: MOBIL 1 A8 MULTIPLAYER CHAMPIONSHIP (STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 03, 2018)

Post by Ephemeral 14/8/2018, 21:05

battle royale mode plx
Spoiler:
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

https://rc2000.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/8/2018, 13:21

/spaceholder/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down