Rally Championship 2000 Official FanForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU)

+3
Diatosta
Tomek..
Ephemeral
7 posters

Go down

How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU) Empty How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU)

Post by Ephemeral 2/2/2016, 19:38

|EN|
So this is perhaps the most common issue with this game. In this topic I will discuss as many stability problems as I can remember. Let's get it started!

I - Running.

If You are unable to run the game properly, just try the simplest solution possible - run the game in compatibility mode (right-click on RAL.exe and select Properties. In the properties window head over to the Compatibility tab and tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box. Then choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3) or Windows XP (Service Pack 2). You can also try the other compatibility modes, but if the XP modes don't work, then the rest possibly neither will.).

Note: running in compatibility mode may actually mess up Your game (which is unlikely, but still probable).

Another solution, tied in simplicity to the previous one - run the game as administrator (right-click on RAL.exe and select Run as a administrator).

II - Playing.

• Vast majority of players suffer from crashes, especially the infamous Guru Meditation. There's a few known solutions to this issue;

1. First and foremost You should try the universal methods explained earlier (compatibility mode and runnning as administrator)

• Yet another very common of a problem is the sound stuttering. We've got solutions to that as well!

1. Firstly, launch the game. Then minimize it (alt+tab) and open task manager (right-click on taskbar and select Start Task Manager). Click on the Processes tab and search for RAL.exe. When You find it, right-click on it and select Set Affinity.... Then make sure only one of the processors is ticked (doesn't matter which one).

Note: You must have at least a dual core processor.

III - Universal solutions.

• As suggested by Tomek..:
    Tomek.. wrote:It's known that on newer systems (win 8/8.1/10) this game doesn't work properly in all cases.. You can try the solution i use Wink
    However, a powerful processor like i3, i5, i7 is necessary..
    Download this archive http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2_5.zip

After unpacking from the MS folder copy 3 files (DDraw.dll, D3DImm.dll and dgVoodooSetup.exe from the main folder ) and paste them to the game's main folder , where the Ral.exe launch file is.

Run the Ral.exe and dgVoodooSetup.exe files after adding them in the compatibility mode with Windows 95 ..
    Compatibility mode with Win 95 will make the game use only one processor core , which is recommended for game's stability.

Additionaly to get rid of the small watermark run the dgVoodooSetup.exe and untick "dgVoodoo watermark" in the DirectX tab

[...]

It solves the problem of low fps in the game on new computers, improves game's stability, decreases stuttering occuring whilst playing . Furthermore, on win 7 it solves the problem of black screen after starting the game which occurs on some configurations, in that case leave the compatibility mode without any changes..

• As suggested by Diatosta:
    Diatosta wrote:Another, more permanent way of solving the sound problem, is setting the affinity to one CPU for good. To do this, you gotta grab ImageCFG, put it in the same folder as your game .exe, and then Right-Click in the folder, and start a new command line. There, you type "'nameOfExeOfImageCFG.exe' -a 0x1 'nameOfGamesExe.exe'" (without the quote marks), and press enter.
    Most likely, your command's gonna be "imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 RAL.exe". That should solve permanently the sound problem.

For the Guru Meditation that happens in some tracks (especially in Arcade 2, Stage 2, when going over mud), a solution that has worked for me, and indicated in some other pages, is slowing down your game to, ideally, 30FPS. This normally happens when it goes 50FPS or more, making it unstable. I tried some methods, but the only one that seemed to work was recording with FRAPS while playing, and I got about ~35FPS, which was good enough, and so I was able to play the whole Arcade 5 without a hitch Very Happy

TL;DR For sound problem use ImageCFG, for Guru Meditation record with Fraps while playing.

• As suggested by SpartaRemixerPL:
    SpartaRemixerPL wrote:[...]those,who use NVIDIA (Because i'm not sure about ATI/AMD/Whatever) Can download MSI Afterburner which contains RivaTuner Statistics Server (i don't recommend the sole RivaTuner, because it lacks many functions) and when everything is installed (that is, Afterburner and RivaTuner) then we launch RivaTuner Statistics Server. Then we click on the silver plus and search for our application, which is "RAL.EXE", After adding it we set such things as:
    - Application Detection Level to High
    - We set the Framerate limit at 30 FPS
    - "On-Screen Display Support" to "ON"
    - Just in case "On-Screen Display coordinate space" is set to Framebuffer, we switch it to Viewport.
    Conclusion? - This improves gameplay stability in Split-Screen Arcade.
    · · ·

If despite applying all the tips discussed in this topic You're still having problems with the game, say it out loud and I'll try the best to help You.

If You have a solution to a problem, share it, and if said problem hasn't yet been mentioned here, tell about it too!

|PL|
A więc to jest prawdopodobnie najczęstszy problem związany z tą grą. W tym wątku omówię tyle problemów ze stabilnością ile jestem w stanie sobie przypomnieć. Rozpocznijmy!

I - Uruchamianie.

Jeśli nie możesz poprawnie uruchomić gry, spróbuj najprostszego możliwego rozwiązania - uruchom grę w trybie zgodności (naciśnij prawym przyciskiem myszy na RAL.exe, wybierz Właściwości. W oknie właściwości udaj się do zakładki Zgodność i odhacz kratkę Uruchom ten program w trybie zgodności z:. Następnie wybierz Windows XP (Service Pack 3) lub System Windows XP (z dodatkiem Service Pack 3). Możesz również spróbować innych trybów zgodności, ale jeśli tryby zgodności z XP nie działają, prawdopodobnie reszta też nie będzie działać.

Uwaga: uruchamianie w trybie zgodności może naruszyć Twoją grę (co jest mało prawdopodobne, ale nadal możliwe).

Inne rozwiązanie, dorównujące prostotą do poprzedniego - uruchom grę jako administrator (naciśnij prawym przyciskiem myszy na RAL.exe i wybierz Uruchom jako administrator).

II - Gra.

• Zdecydowana większość graczy cierpi z powodu wysypywania się gry do pulpitu, zwłaszcza niesławnej Medytacji Guru (Guru Meditation). Jest kilka znanych rozwiązań do tego problemu;

1. Przede wszystkim powinieneś spróbować metod uniwersalnych opisanych wcześniej (tryb zgodności i uruchamianie jako administrator).

• Kolejnym, bardzo częstym problemem, jest zacinanający się dźwięk. Na to też mamy rozwiązania!

1. Najpierw uruchom grę. Następnie zminimalizuj ją (alt+tab) i otwórz menedżera zadań (naciśnij prawym przyciskiem myszy na pasek zadań i wybierz Uruchom Menedżera zadań. Kliknij na zakładkę procesy i znajdź proces RAL.exe. Gdy już go znajdziesz, naciśnij na niego prawym przyciskiem myszy i wybierz Ustaw koligację.... Następnie upewnij się, że zaznaczony jest tylko jeden procesor (nie ma znaczenia który).

Uwaga: Twój procesor musi mieć conajmniej dwa rdzenie.

III - Uniwersalne rozwiązania.

• Propozycja Tomka..:
    Tomek.. wrote:Jak wiadomo na nowych systemach (win 8/8.1/10) ta gra nie w każdym przypadku działa poprawnie.. Można spróbować też takiego rozwiązania z którego ja korzystam Wink
    Wymagany jest jednak mocny procesor typu i3, i5, i7..
    Ściągamy archiwum http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2_5.zip

Po wypakowaniu z folderu MS kopiujemy 3 pliki (DDraw.dll, D3DImm.dll oraz dgVoodooSetup.exe z głównego folderu ) i wklejamy je do głównego folderu gry , tam gdzie znajduje się plik startowy gry Ral.exe..

Pliki Ral.exe oraz dgVoodooSetup.exe uruchamiamy po dodaniu tych plików w trybie zgodności z Windows 95 .. Tryb zgodności z Win 95 sprawi że gra będzie korzystać tylko z jednego rdzenia procesora , co jest zalecane dla stabilności tej gry..

Dodatkowo aby pozbyć się małego znaku wodnego uruchomiamy dgVoodooSetup.exe i odhaczamy w zakładce DirectX "dgVoodoo watermark".

[...]

Rozwiązuje problem małej ilości fps w grze na nowych komputerach, poprawia stabilność gry, zimniejsza stuttering występujący podczas jazdy . Dodatkowo na win 7 rozwiązuje problem czarnego ekranu po uruchomieniu gry który występuje na niektórych konfiguracjach, w tym przypadku tryb zgodności pozostawiamy bez zmian..

• Propozycja Diatosty:
    Diatosta wrote:Inny, bardziej długotrwały sposób na rozwiązanie problemu z dźwiękiem, to ustawienie koligacji na pojedynczy rdzeń na dobre. Aby to zrobić, należy wziąć ImageCFG, umieścić w tym samym folderze co gra, a następnie nacisnąć prawym przyciskiem myszy na folder, i uruchomić nową komendę. W okienku należy napisać "'nazwaPlikuExeImageCFG.exe' -a 0x1 'nazwaPlikuExeGry.exe'" (bez cudzysłowii) i wcisnąć enter.
    Najprawdopodobniej, komendą będzie "imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 RAL.exe". To powinno na dobre rozwiązać problem z dźwiękiem.

Na Guru Meditation który dzieje się na niektórych trasach (zwłaszcza na 2 etapie 2 gry zręcznościowej, podczas przejeżdżania przez błoto), sposób który dla mnie zadziałał, i wskazał w jakichś innych stronach(?), to spowolnienie własnej gry, najlepiej do 30FPS. Ten problem zwykle pojawia się gdy gra przekracza 50FPS lub więcej, powodując jej niestabilność.Próbowałem kilku metod, ale jedyną która zdawała się działać było nagrywanie FRAPSEM podczas gry, i miałem około ~35FPS, co było wystarczająco dobre, tak więc byłem w stanie przejść całą 5 grę zręcznościową bez problemu Bardzo Szczęśliwy

TL;DR Dla problemu z dźwiękiem użyć ImageCFG, dla Guru Meditation nagrywać Frapsem podczas gry.

• Propozycja SpartaRemixeraPL:
    SpartaRemixerPL wrote:[...]ci,którzy używają NVIDII (Bo co do ATI/AMD/Cokolwiek nie mam pewności) Mogą sobie pobrać sobie MSI Afterburner, którego w nim znajduje się RivaTuner Statistics Server (Samego RivaTunera nie polecam, bo on wtedy jest wybrakowany we funkcjach) i jak potem się zainstaluje wszystko (Czyli Afterburner i RivaTuner) to uruchamiamy RivaTuner Statistics Server. Potem klikamy na srebrny plus i szukamy naszej aplikacji, czyli "RAL.EXE", Po dodaniu ustawiamy takie rzeczy:
    - Application Detection Level na High
    - Ustawiamy Framerate limit na 30 FPS
    - "On-Screen Display Support" na "ON"
    - W razie czego, gdyby "On-Screen Display coordinate space" byłby ustawiony na Framebuffer, to zmieniamy na Viewport.
    Wniosek? - Poprawia to stabilność gry na Split-Screenie i na Arcade.

· · ·

Jeśli pomimo zastosowania się do wszystkich wskazówek omówionych w tym temacie dalej masz problemy z grą, powiedz o tym, a spróbuję pomóc.

Jeżeli masz rozwiązanie do jakiegoś problemu, podziel się nim, a jeśli ów problem nie został tu jeszcze opisany, o nim też powiedz!

Last edited by SpartaX18 on 1/7/2017, 21:33; edited 14 times in total
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

https://rc2000.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU) Empty Re: How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU)

Post by Tomek.. 3/2/2016, 21:00

Witam Smile

Jak wiadomo na nowych systemach (win 8/8.1/10) ta gra nie w każdym przypadku działa poprawnie.. Można spróbować też takiego rozwiązania z którego ja korzystam Wink
Wymagany jest jednak mocny procesor typu i3, i5, i7..
Ściągamy archiwum http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2_5.zip

Po wypakowaniu z folderu MS kopiujemy 3 pliki (DDraw.dll, D3DImm.dll oraz dgVoodooSetup.exe z głównego folderu ) i wklejamy je do głównego folderu gry , tam gdzie znajduje się plik startowy gry Ral.exe..

Pliki Ral.exe oraz dgVoodooSetup.exe uruchamiamy po dodaniu tych plików w trybie zgodności z Windows 95 .. Tryb zgodności z Win 95 sprawi że gra będzie korzystać tylko z jednego rdzenia procesora , co jest zalecane dla stabilności tej gry..

Dodatkowo aby pozbyć się małego znaku wodnego uruchomiamy dgVoodooSetup.exe i odhaczamy w zakładce DirectX "dgVoodoo watermark".

Tomek..

Back to top Go down

How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU) Empty Re: How to play RC on a newer PC (IN PROGRESS) / Jak grać w RC na nowszym pececie (W TOKU)

Post by Ephemeral 4/2/2016, 16:15

Spoko, taka informacja się z pewnością przyda. Powiedz mi tylko, jaki problem to rozwiązuje?
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomek.. 4/2/2016, 16:53

Rozwiązuje problem małej ilości fps w grze na nowych komputerach, poprawia stabilność gry, zimniejsza stuttering występujący podczas jazdy . Dodatkowo na win 7 rozwiązuje problem czarnego ekranu po uruchomieniu gry który występuje na niektórych konfiguracjach, w tym przypadku tryb zgodności pozostawiamy bez zmian..

Tomek..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral 4/2/2016, 18:33

Okej, oznaczę to jako uniwersalne rozwiązanie.
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diatosta 13/6/2016, 18:51

Another, more permanent way of solving the sound problem, is setting the affinity to one CPU for good. To do this, you gotta grab ImageCFG, put it in the same folder as your game .exe, and then Right-Click in the folder, and start a new command line. There, you type "'nameOfExeOfImageCFG.exe' -a 0x1 'nameOfGamesExe.exe'" (without the quote marks), and press enter.
Most likely, your command's gonna be "imagecfg.exe -a 0x1 RAL.exe". That should solve permanently the sound problem.

For the Guru Meditation that happens in some tracks (especially in Arcade 2, Stage 2, when going over mud), a solution that has worked for me, and indicated in some other pages, is slowing down your game to, ideally, 30FPS. This normally happens when it goes 50FPS or more, making it unstable. I tried some methods, but the only one that seemed to work was recording with FRAPS while playing, and I got about ~35FPS, which was good enough, and so I was able to play the whole Arcade 5 without a hitch Very Happy

TL;DR For sound problem use ImageCFG, for Guru Meditation record with Fraps while playing.

Whew, what a wall of text Razz
Also, whoops, just noticed I haven't introduced myself yet in the proper section. Will do it when I can.
Diatosta
Diatosta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral 13/6/2016, 19:05

Thanks for that info! And don't hurry, as you can see, everything in here is going at a snail's pace!
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartaRemixerPL 24/2/2017, 19:18

ENG:
Meh, Guru Meditation seems to be my curse, because i can't set compatibility mode, because game thinks, that i didn't install the game, the Fraps trick doesn't work for me... I guess i'm forced to buy a notebook/Additional Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor and Speakers for my old PC with XP SP2, Geforce4 64 MB...
POL:
Meh, Guru Meditation wydaje się być moim przekleństwem, ponieważ nie mogę ustawić tryb zgodności, ponieważ gra sądzi, że jej nie ma dysku, Trick z Frapsem nie działa dla mnie...
Najwyraźniej będę zmuszony kupić sobie Notebooka/Dodatkową mysz, klawiaturę, Monitor i głośniki do mojego starego kompa z XP SP3, Geforce4 64MB...
(Wiem, że to nie nic nie wnosi, ale najwyraźniej ten error w RC2000 since 2013 [Kupiłem sobie wtedy pudełkową wersję gry, bo Avast uważał i uważa, że wersja z gazetki ma jakiegoś trojana czy coś tam, bzdury!] był, jest i będzie moim przekleństwem... :/)
SpartaRemixerPL
SpartaRemixerPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral 25/2/2017, 13:16

"[...]nie mogę ustawić tryb[u] zgodności, ponieważ gra sądzi, że jej nie ma na dysku[...]" - nie do końca rozumiem, mógłbyś rozwinąć tę myśl? Czy gra się w ogóle uruchamia, skoro "nie ma jej na dysku"?
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartaRemixerPL 28/3/2017, 21:28

Chodziło mi o to, że gra zachowywała się tak, jakbym nigdy jej nie wgrał na kompa xD
(Ten uczuć, kiedy dopiero po miesiącu pisze się tzw. "Response") XD
SpartaRemixerPL
SpartaRemixerPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ephemeral 29/3/2017, 17:17

Tzw. "Response" jest znany również w języku polskim jako tzw. "odpowiedź".
Ephemeral
Ephemeral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartaRemixerPL 1/7/2017, 19:17

Wiem, można dopisać, że ci,którzy używają NVIDII (Bo co do ATI/AMD/Cokolwiek nie mam pewności) Mogą sobie pobrać sobie MSI Afterburner, którego w nim znajduje się RivaTuner Statistics Server (Samego RivaTunera nie polecam, bo on wtedy jest wybrakowany we funkcjach) i jak potem się zainstaluje wszystko (Czyli Afterburner i RivaTuner) to uruchamiamy RivaTuner Statistics Server. Potem klikamy na srebrny plus i szukamy naszej aplikacji, czyli "RAL.EXE", Po dodaniu ustawiamy takie rzeczy:
- Application Detection Level na High
- Ustawiamy Framerate limit na 30 FPS
- "On-Screen Display Support" na "ON"
- W razie czego, gdyby "On-Screen Display coordinate space" byłby ustawiony na Framebuffer, to zmieniamy na Viewport.
Wniosek? - Poprawia to stabilność gry na Split-Screenie i na Arcade.
SpartaRemixerPL
SpartaRemixerPL

Back to top Go down

Post by anonimowy1121 1/3/2018, 18:30

[EN]
When we want to check FPS (frames per second) number, we can use program Fraps. Although it is designed to record films from games, it can also give us information about FPS number. Just install Fraps, run it, set the counter, minimalize and turn on the game on. We don't have to record anything.
[PL]
Jeśli chodzi o sprawdzanie FPS-ów (klatek na sekundę), można użyć programu Fraps. Ten program służy co prawda do nagrywania filmów z gier, ale nadaje się też do pomiaru FPS-ów. Po prostu trzeba zainstalować program, uruchomić go, ustawić licznik, zminimalizować i włączyć grę. Nic nie trzeba nagrywać.

anonimowy1121

Back to top Go down

Post by broiler 8/3/2018, 23:53

your Tips are very Good, some from them i dont know bevore.

Have this game half year bevore, never get this running.

I have a 144Hz Monitor, without 144HZ enabled this game have stutters.

I set Frame Limiter in Nvidia inspector to 60

Have now Drive the first 2 Stages, will see if this run.

broiler

Back to top Go down

Post by rhcp89 12/3/2021, 13:35

Hey.

After installing dgVoodoo (which deals with some of the bugs) I had stretched 16:9 view and I couldnt recover it any way. Then I installed reshade as @Andrzejrc said and with "aspectratio.fx" tool I got my original 4:3 view!

Generally when I applied most of tricks from this forum to my WIN10 computer my Rally Championship 2000 works fine! (I have english version).

rhcp89

Back to top Go down

Post by broiler 23/6/2021, 02:47

You Need Win98 to PLay RC.

broiler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down